Joining the firm in November 2020, Philip is a seasoned insurance coverage counsel and appellate advocate with Lindsay, Pickett & Postel. He focuses his practice primarily on commercial general liability claims, public entity coverage, and first-party property disputes. Prior to arriving at the firm, Philip also handled coverage issues with respect to environmental, professional liability, personal and business auto, bad faith, and excess policies of insurance.
As a member of LPP’s Appellate Team, Philip brings an invaluable perspective having clerked for the Honorable Robert E. Gordon of the Illinois Appellate Court, First District. There, he reviewed case records and briefs, conducted extensive legal research, and recommended disposition of appeals to panel members; prepared bench memoranda for oral arguments, and drafted court opinions and Illinois Supreme Court Rule 23 dispositive orders for judicial review in a variety of civil and criminal matters.
Philip resides in the Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago with his wife, son, and daughter. While the arrival of their two children has slowed them down a bit, Philip and his wife are still committed to one day finishing the last 28 states of their 50-state half marathon challenge. Until their children can run with them, they will enjoy as many trips to Disney World and Disney Land as possible.
- First District Appellate Court Affirms David Osborne And Philip Brandt’s Summary Judgment Ruling In Wrongful Death Case
- Chris Pickett, Peter Syregelas and Phil Brandt obtain a Stipulated Judgment of Rescission on a Property Coverage Policy Issue
- Peter Syregelas And Phil Brandt – Win Summary Judgment Ruling In BIPA Coverage Dispute
- Chris Pickett and Phil Brandt Obtain Judgment in Pollution Exclusion Case
- Blanket Additional Insured Endorsement’s Signature Requirement Enforceable