LPP’s Coverage Department Will Provide The Counsel, Representation and Solutions You Need To Earn Top Results
Headed up by Department Lead Joe Postel, a nationally recognized expert, our Coverage Department is well-known for providing preeminent counsel on simple and complex issues facing the insurance industry. Our team is experienced, dedicated, and knowledgeable, having handled some of the most significant insurance coverage litigation on record. Most importantly, we never look at coverage issues in a vacuum. We always consider the posture, exposure and strategy in place for the underlying claim, then tailor our recommendations accordingly.
Our Coverage Department routinely handles all aspects of coverage, including:
- Preparing coverage opinions.
- Providing recommendations on the duty to defend and indemnify.
- Providing recommendations on conflicts and independent (Cumis/Peppers) counsel
- Developing risk transfer strategy to minimize exposure.
- Preparing coverage position letters and reservations of rights.
- Reviewing defense files for opportunities to tender defense and indemnity.
- Litigating declaratory judgment actions in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate level.
- Pursuing recovery of fees and payments from non-participating insurers.
- Defending against bad faith and extra-contractual liability claims.
- Writing and editing policy language.
- Defense of commercial and residential first-party property claims.
Our Coverage Department has extensive experience handling these issues across numerous different lines of business including:
- Commercial Auto
- Commercial General Liability
- Commercial Property
- Business Owners
- Personal Auto
- Professional Liability
- Umbrella and Excess
- Cyber Liability
- Data Privacy
- Errors and Omissions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Farm Owners
- Law Enforcement
- Civil Rights
- Municipal Risk
If the results reached trial are not favorable to our client, a Chicago insurance coverage lawyer from LPP will be well prepared to appeal the decision. With admission to state and federal courts, our lawyers are experienced in the appellate process.
Consult with a Insurance Coverage Lawyer at LPP
If you have an insurance coverage question, claim or litigation, contact Department Lead Joe Postel to find out how we can help. Our Coverage Department is committed to our core mission and will work to advocate for your best result as efficiently as possible.