Steve Becker is a partner with Lindsay, Pickett & Postel, LLC having joined the firm in December of 2016. He practices out of our Waukegan office in Lake County, Illinois. Steve is admitted to practice in Illinois and Wisconsin.
Steve is a litigation attorney, and primarily handles civil defense matters. Prior to joining LPP, Steve spent several years as an assistant corporation counsel for the City of Chicago, in the Torts Division, and has worked for private insurance defense firms, as well as a large national insurance company. Steve has represented a wide range of clients, and has defended cases involving construction negligence, product liability, premises liability, automobile and trucking liability, breach of warranty, fraud, Dram Shop, and other types of litigation, including large property damage claims and subrogation. Steve has conducted numerous trials and arbitrations, and he also serves as an arbitrator for the Cook County court system.
Steve graduated from the University of Michigan in 1986, and from Washington University School of Law, in St. Louis, in 1989. Steve is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, and a past member of the Chicago Bar Association.
- Steve Becker Secures Dismissal of Towing Company in St. Clair County Case Involving a Section 1983 Claim
- Steve Becker Secures Dismissal of General Contractor in Cook County Construction Case
- Dismissal With Prejudice – Plaintiff’s Negligence Theory Barred by the Economic Loss Doctrine
- Steve Becker wins a Motion to Dismiss in Cook County
- Steve Becker Secures a Favorable Settlement in Mold Exposure Case
- Steve Becker Prevails on Motion for Summary Judgment in Cook County
- Steve Becker Wins Summary Judgment In Construction Case; Upheld Upon Reconsideration