Peter’s approach to his insurance coverage and appellate practice is defined by deep insurance coverage insights, assertive advocacy, and analysis that never loses sight of the big picture.
Legal disputes do not happen in a vacuum; effective representation requires consideration of business concerns that reach beyond a specific issue or case. Peter aims to provide clients with meaningful counsel for their most consequential matters. Clients benefit from Peter’s thoughtful analysis of their rights and obligations in multimillion-dollar claims. He has guided clients through coverage disputes for high stakes litigation including insurance for class action lawsuits involving the Biometric Information Protection Act (BIPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and other statutory violations which place huge burdens on business.
Peter is committed to keeping clients informed to enable thoughtful strategic choices through all phases of counseling and litigation. Peter’s extensive coverage experience spans several lines including general liability, commercial general liability, cyber liability, data privacy, professional liability, errors and omission, directors and officers, homeowners, personal and business auto, and related policies of insurance.
Peter has been called upon by clients to write provisions, endorsements, and in some cases entire insurance policies.
Peter also leads the firm’s appellate department. Peter’s appellate career began as an elbow clerk to an Illinois Appellate Court Justice where Peter drafted over 150 precedential court opinions and dispositive orders. Since then, he has participated and secured favorable results in many major pieces of litigation at the post-trial and appellate level.
Peter is a member of CLM and has obtained the CLM’s Litigation Management Institute’s litigation management certificate.
He lives with his wife Kelly in Western Springs. Peter and Kelly are proud parents to their daughters, Mina and Georgia.
- Peter Syregelas Obtains Judgment in Favor of Insurer Client
- Peter Syregelas Wins Appeal – Making the Complex Simple
- Peter Syregelas Helps Secure 7-Figure Insurance Payout
- Peter Syregelas and Haley Loutfy Obtain Favorable Result After Insurer Wrongfully Denied Additional Insured Coverage
- Peter Syregelas Wins Appeal in Auto Liability Coverage Dispute
- Peter Syregelas and Haley Loutfy Obtain Summary Judgment After Finding That Insurer Properly Declined Life Insurance Policy
- Illinois Supreme Court Issues Two Important Rulings Related to the Biometric Information Protection Act (BIPA)
- Peter Syregelas and Haley Loutfy Win Dispute Against Purported Additional Insured in Construction Injury Case
- Chris Pickett and Peter Syregelas obtain a Stipulated Judgment of Rescission on a Property Coverage Policy Issue
- Peter Syregelas Secures Settlement at Mediation for Policyholder Client
- Peter Syregelas Litigates Declaratory Judgment Suit for BIPA Case
- Peter Syregelas Obtains Appellate Court Judgment
- Peter Syregelas Obtains Judgment Against a Purported AI in Lake County
- Peter Syregelas Wins Summary Judgment Ruling In BIPA Coverage Dispute
- David Osborne And Peter Syregelas Obtain Summary Judgment In An Illinois Biometric Information Protection Act Coverage Dispute
- Peter Syregelas Obtains Second Summary Judgment on BIPA Class Action Case
- Peter Syregelas Secures Judgment on the Pleadings Against Client’s Insured
- Peter Syregelas Settles Case at Mediation Following the Filing of a Rescission Action
- Judgment on the Pleadings – No Duty To Defend Or Indemnify Townhome Owner or Developer Against Construction Defect Claims
- Judgment on the Pleadings – Successful Post-Settlement Target Tender of Excess Policy
- Peter Syregelas Secures Insurance Contributions of $300,000
- Peter Syregelas Secures Insurance Payout of $4 Million Towards Settlement
- Peter Syregelas Secures Payment of $3 Million Dollars to Insured Client
- Peter Syregelas – Summary Judgment
- Peter Syregelas Secures Favorable Settlement in Major Chicago Hospital Post Trial Proceedings
- Peter Syregelas Represents Steel Manufacturer in Appellate Proceedings Following $34 million Verdict
- Peter Syregelas Represents Insurer Under CGL and Business Interruption
- Peter Syregelas Represents Legal Malpractice Insurer
- Peter Syregelas Obtains Victory Before Illinois Supreme Court
- Peter Syregelas Represents Insurer in a Coverage Dispute Regarding Agribusiness Package Policy
- Peter Syregelas Obtains Victory Before 7th Circuit Court